Kia is South Korea’s second-largest automobile manufacturer after its parent company Hyundai Motor Company. According to the company, the name “Kia” derives from Sino-Korean characters which roughly translate as “Rising from Asia.” While the brand is known for affordability, it also has its share of lemons.
Regardless of whether your car is a lease or purchase, your vehicle may qualify for repurchase under the California lemon law.
If your Kia vehicle’s defect impairs its safety, use or value, chances are you may have a lemon. However, you should not be discouraged. Your Kia vehicle may qualify for repurchase or replacement under the California lemon law as long as you complained about the defect within the warranty period, the dealership was unable to repair it after a reasonable number of attempts, and you bring your claim within the applicable statute of limitations.
If you purchased or leased, new or used kia qualifies as a lemon, the manufacturer will repurchase the vehicle, proved a full refund including your down payment and payments you made toward the vehicle (minutes a mileage offset up to the time of the first applicable repair order), registration and all our of pocket expenses such as towing and rental costs.
In addition, Kia will pay for your attorney’s fees and costs pursuant to the California lemon law. Call the Law Office of Alisa Goukasian, APC at (818)242-4601 for a Free Case Review.
Kia has its fair share of lemons including but not limited to the flowing model vehicles: Kia Amante, Kia Cadenza; Ki Forte; Kia Optima; Kia Rio; Kia Sedona; Kia Soul; Kia Spectra; and the Kia Sportage.
Reported Kia lemon complaints include, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
And more as this list is NOT inclusive of all reported Kia lemon defects.
The following must apply, in order for your car to be considered a lemon:
• The identifiable defect (and subsequent complaint) must have first occurred while the vehicle was under the manufacturer’s warranty;
• The defect must substantially impact the safety, use, or value of the vehicle which a qualified lemon lawyer can easily identify;
• You must have provided the dealership a reasonable opportunity to fix the defect. A reasonable opportunity may be as little as two repair attempts if the defect can foreseeably cause serious bodily injury or death. A qualified lemon lawyer can evaluate your file to determine this criteria based on the totality of the facts/circumstances unique to each case.
To make sure you can timely proceed with your lemon law demand, contact a lemon attorney immediately.
Yes, used vehicles can also be deemed lemons if the defect (and subsequent complaints to the dealership)occurred while under the manufacturer’s warranty, the dealership was provided with a reasonable opportunity to fix the defect and you are within the applicable statute of limitations to bring the claim.
If KIA repeatedly failed to repair your vehicle after a reasonable number of attempts, your vehicle may be deemed a lemon and you may be entitled to compensation. Attorney’s fees and costs are covered by the manufacturer. There is no risk to you and you have nothing to lose. Contact our experienced lemon lawyers at (818)242-4601 to help ensure you receive the best possible result.
The compensation you may be entitled to include:
• All payments made towards the automobile including monthly payments and down payment, minus a mileage offset up to the time of the first applicable repair order,
• Any out of pocket costs, such as rental and towing costs
• Registration fees;
• All Attorney’s fees and costs
If you believe your KIA vehicle is a lemon, you should contact a lemon law attorney immediately to ensure you receive the best possible outcome. In California, you only have a limited amount of time to seek legal remedies. Call our experienced Burbank law firm to speak to a lemon law attorney today or contact us to learn more.